Thursday, January 20, 2011

Just a Lil' Taste

Here's the Flotsam & Jetsam section from my latest Geeks blog, just so you have an idea of what to expect from me. If you're ever confused as to what I'm talking about, it's probably because I'm referencing parts of the pub quiz I hosted.


--Winston Churchill was the British Prime Minister who said, “Keep buggering on.” I hear Elton John has said the same thing once or twice.

--I recognized Steve Winwood’s name, but couldn’t quite place it. Now I realize that this is why I know him:

 I don’t know what’s more awesome: ‘80s music or ‘80s videos.

--Tonight’s Round 2 required you guys to know the album name, rather than the song titles. More of a challenge than normal, and your scores reflected that. But hey, I’m proud of the fact that none of you were able to identify My Chemical Romance or their album. Clearly you have taste.

--Amazingly enough, Jupiter’s day lasts only 9.9 hours. How something that big moves so quickly is beyond me. One might even call that tidbit of information…dizzying. Nyuck nyuck.

--It hurts my brain to know that Patrick Ewing has more regular-season points than Magic Johnson. Apparently HIV affects your aim.

--Asking who had more Billboard hits, the Eagles or the Jets, is like asking who had more profound insights into the universe, Einstein or Lenny from Of Mice & Men.

--According to Business Insider, Boulder is the happiest city in America. I’m thinking this has something to do with being rich and perma-stoned.

--Rodeo groupies are apparently called “buckle bunnies.” I think “horse whores” has a nicer ring to it.

--I was going to ask why there needed to be an International Gay Rodeo Association, but then I went to Wiki and found this. Yeah, I can see why they wouldn’t want to do that around a bunch of homophobic rednecks.

--“Mutton busting,” huh? Sounds like something a Welshman would be interested in.

--Double-Stuf Oreos = a party in my mouth.

-- Is it just me, or did Roy Orbison look and sound like a lesbian? Come to think of it, were Roy and K.D. Lang ever seen together in the same room?
Roy...

...Is that you?

--I’ve got nothing against Sarah McLachlan. I’m not a huge fan, but she’s got a couple of songs that I don’t mind listening to. Unfortunately, her rendition of “Unchained Melody” isn’t one of them. Holy crap. If you ever want to help a depressive commit suicide, just play that morose piece of crap repeatedly.

--Elvis: so so so so SO overrated.

--I’m not surprised that Glenn Beck hates Woodrow Wilson, the only President to have a PhD. I’m sure he hates anyone with enough intelligence to see that he’s a dishonest and manipulative sack of shit.


--Gryffindork

No comments:

Post a Comment